• Explosion in Liaoning blamed on old gas hose

    4 days ago - By China Travel & Tourism News

    The gas blast that killed two people and injured seven on Oct 24 in a residential building in Wafangdian, a city administered by Dalian, Liaoning province, were caused by gas leak. According to the investigation report posted on the Wafangdian government website on Jan 7, people living in an apartment on the fifth floor had been using a cooker without a flame-suppression device on the gas intake hose. The hose, which was beyond its service life, had brittle cracks through which gas leaked. When the gas reached the open flame of the cooker, it exploded. The report said that three months...
    Read more ...