Tesla is finally making a lower-cost Model 3
Tesla is introducing a lower-priced version of its Model 3 vehicle.
The base price of the car will cost $45,000; it will cost about $35,000 in California after federal and state tax rebates.
The company has long promised the Model 3 will be its vehicle for the masses, but it originally focused on building premium versions of it while it struggled to ramp up its production.
Tesla is finally offering a less expensive version of its Model 3 electric car.
The company has relased and is taking orders for a "lower cost, mid-range" version of its mass-production vehicle, Tesla CEO Elon Musk announced Thursday on Twitter. The base price of the car will be $45,000. But in California it will cost $35,000 after federal and state tax rebates, Musk said. See the rest of the story at Business Insider NOW WATCH: Watch Apple unveil the new iPhone XR, XS, and XS Max See Also: Your opinion matters. Become a BI Insider today! A US judge approved the settlement between the SEC and Elon Musk that will force...
The last Posts from "Business Insider"
- An ultra-Orthodox rabbi visited North Korea where practicing religion is punishable by death - here's what he saw
- Attorney general nominee William Barr appears before the Senate Judiciary Committee for high-stakes confirmation hearings
- An essential guide to all major events on 'True Detective' season 3
- 32 funny, low-pressure Valentine's Day gifts for every relationship level
- Chipotle is considering raising prices as minimum wages rise, but the CEO says not to panic - they 'don't want to be like Whole Foods'
- New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand announces she's running for president in 2020
- Most people like PopSockets phone grips, but I think they're overrated - here's why I prefer the Speck GrabTab instead
- Canada joins US in raising travel advisory after China's 'arbitrary' use of law to sentence Canadian to death in drug case
- Some of the $107 million in donations Trump's inaugural committee received were reportedly spent in odd ways
- A bipartisan solution to the shutdown is a 'futile effort' without Trump's blessing
- The Detroit Auto Show has SUVs and horsepower on full display, but electric cars are pushed to the sidelines
- The 10 most important things in the world right now
- How Trump's inaugural committee spent the record $107 million worth of donations to celebrate his election
- 10 things in tech you need to know today
- Netflix's 'Sex Education' is its latest hit British TV show - and this time the streaming giant didn't pick it up from a TV network
- Meghan Markle turned heads in a bright red coat and purple dress that channeled the Queen and Princess Diana
- TSYS moves into point-of-sale with the launch of Vital POS
- Meet Marina Gross, the interpreter who was the only other American in the room for Trump and Putin's 1-on-1 meeting in Helsinki
- The Trump administration has been itching for a fight with Iran, but Mattis held it back. Now he's gone
- Houston Airport has shut down the TSA checkpoints in one of its terminals because there aren't enough TSA officers willing to work unpaid during the government shutdown
The headlines of Travel Mag
London Bridge Station Takes Part In Nationwide Sleepout To Help Runaway Children
London Bridge is joining major railway stations across four of Britain's biggest cities to host a sleepout in aid of vulnerable children who run away from home.
First Delta Hotels by Marriott Opens in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex
Marriott International announced today the official grand opening of the Delta Hotels by Marriott Dallas Allen & Watters Creek Convention Center.
Lime Street Station Takes Part In Nationwide Sleepout To Help Runaway Children
Liverpool Lime Street is joining major railway stations across four of Britain's biggest cities to host a sleepout in aid of vulnerable children who run away from home. Network...
More than 7 million Chinese tourists will travel during Chinese New Year
China expects more than 7 million tourists during Lunar New Year holiday. Last year, more than 6.5 million Chinese traveled abroad during the Lunar New Year holiday, compared...
Moxy Hotels Expands in the Southeastern U.S. with Six Bold New Expected Openings
Moxy Hotels, Marriott International's experiential hotel brand, is expanding in the Southeastern U.S. with the recent opening of Moxy Chattanooga Downtown and the anticipated...
Most people like PopSockets phone grips, but I think they're overrated...
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. Connie...
Subaru Brought Some Badass Performance Classics to the Detroit Auto Show
Subaru quietly showed up the new Toyota Supra at the Detroit Auto Show yesterday by unveiling a WRX STI S209 with even more power than Toyota's revived sports car, despite...
10 Ways to Overcome Your Fear of Flying
Travel anxiety is becoming more and more common in the 21 st century world. Fear of flying is one of the most prevalent travel anxieties, with 1 in every 6 adults suffering...
Monteverdi Tuscany Curates Exclusive New Brunello Journey
The newly expanded and refurbished boutique hotel, Monteverdi, lies within the Unesco World Heritage region of Val d'Orcia, Tuscany, where verdant vineyards blanket the hills...
The 2019 Detroit Auto Show's Biggest Design Trend Is Hard to Miss
It makes sense that we got a bumper crop of electrified crossovers at the 2019 Detroit Auto Show. But is there some rule saying they all have to look like they're crouching and...